Cheddar Broccoli Soup
This has been a go to soup of mine as of lately. It’s something I can make while I’m doing a bunch of other things or something I can take my time doing. If I’m on a time crunch I like to just buy the mirepoix from Trader Joes, pre-chopped garlic, frozen broccoli, and then just quickly peel my potatoes. You can toss it all in a crockpot and forget about it or make it on the stove coming back to check on it here and there.
The yield depends on how much water you add to your soup. Note: The more water you add the more bouillon you might want to add. Best thing about recipes is you can ditch the bouillon and substitute your favorite ready to use vegetable broth.
- 15g or 3 cloves Garlic
- 129g Carrot
- 219g Celery
- 100g Onion
- 120g or 1 Cup Vegan Cheddar (Your Choice)
- 760g Potato
- 2 Tsp Bouillon
- 4-5 Cups Water (Depends on your preferred consistency)
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 157g Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Silk Vegan Heavy Cream
- 1.5 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- Chop the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic.
- Put olive oil in a pot and then add and sauté onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into cubes. I like to cut them small so they cook faster. Add to the pot.
- Mix water with the vegetable bouillon and then add to the pot.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft. Once they are soft you can add in the spices, cream, and cheddar. Use an emersion blender to blend the soup.
- Add in the broccoli, stir, and let it cook for 10 minutes, then enjoy.
Note: I count free foods so make sure to plug in your foods for accurate nutrition values.