Animal Style Yuca Fries
So, have you ever gone to In n Out and someone ordered the Animal Style Fries and you were like I wonder what that’s like? Well, wonder no more! I’ve made this with (potato) fries before but once I got back on diet I’ve had to not eat (potato) fries as much. I ended up making fries out of Yuca root, celeriac root, and potatoes (sometimes). Depending on your protein intake and whether or not you follow ‘Free Foods’ feel free to choose any fry base you’d like.
- 200g Yuca Root
- 2 Tbs Vegan Mayo
- 1 Tbs Ketchup
- 2 Tsp Mustard
- 1 Tbs Relish
- 2 Vegan Cheddar Slices
- Dash of Salt (I always use Pink Himalayan Salt)
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional) or nonstick spray of choice
- Chili Peppers
- 40g Grilled Onions
- If you choose to use yuca root start off by peeling and cutting it. Make sure to cut out the thread like stem in the middle. Toss the pieces into a pot of water and bring to a boil. It is ready when you can poke a fork through a yuca piece.
- When you are ready to put the yuca pieces into the air fryer you can either toss it with some olive oil and salt or spray down your basket and sprinkle some salt on the fries. Bake for 15 min at 380 degrees F or until golden.
- While the fries bake take the mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, and a dash of salt and mix it together. Set aside or in the fridge.
- Dice the white onion and sauté it on a pan with some water. To get it golden pour water in little by little. Once the water evaporates, add in some more until the onions are the color you’d like. Chop up the chili peppers and set aside.
- When you’re fries are ready throw on the cheese slices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
NOTE: I count free foods so make sure to plug in your foods for accurate nutrition values.