This is great for a party, small get together, or just because. I recommend cutting the recipe in half if you’d like less servings but if more than one person in the household that has PKU this might be a good serving size. You can always adjust the size of the slices but make sure to also adjust the nutritional values. (I made small slices and that’s why it came out to 16 slices)
- 2 Cups Mixquick from Cambrooke
- 1 Tbs Sugar (I use Monkfruit sugar)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Can Chilled Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (I used powdered Monkfruit sugar)
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Bourbon Extract (You can use regular Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk (I use unsweetened)
Your choice of:
- Coffee (I used 3 Tbs instant coffee and 8 Tbs water)
- Coffee Liquor
- 1 Tbs Cacao Powder
- The night before you might want to put your Coconut Cream in the refrigerator but if you choose not to, like myself, you can always leave your whipped filling in the fridge to set and then the finished tiramisu in the freezer at the end.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the cake ingredients in a bowl and mix. Line your cake pan with parchment paper, if you don’t have any on hand just lightly coat the pan with butter. Pour batter into the pan and then bake it for 18 min or until you can poke a toothpick at the highest part and pull it out with no batter. Once baked, take it out and set aside to cool.
- While your cake is baking start on the whipped filling. Add the filling ingredients into a cool bowl and blend with a hand or stand mixer. If you choose to use a hand mixer it might take about 7-10 minutes, depending on how cool your coconut cream is, to thicken. Once the mix is thick put in the refrigerator so it can set.
- Prepare your coffee, instant coffee, or coffee liquor by pouring it in a bowl.
- Once your cake is cooled cut it in half and then cut rows from one end to the other.
- Take a piece of the cake, dip it in the coffee, then place it in a deep dish. You want to do this with every piece of the cake. Once you complete the first layer of cake in the dish, take your whipped filling and layer it on top. Do this step once more and then dust the top with cacao powder. (Your layers should be cake, filling, cake, filling, cacao powder.)
- Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes to set and then enjoy!
NOTE: I count free foods so make sure to plug in your foods for accurate nutrition values.