- 74g Poblano Pepper
- 122g Red Pepper
- 114g Yellow Pepper
- 2 Cups Jackfruit (I used the Native brand and their jackfruit claims to be 2 grams of protein. Make sure to use the nutritional values from the product you use. This can change the protein amount for the whole recipe.)
- Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Vegetable Fajita Spice Mix (I use the Sprouts brand)
- 1 Cube Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- Fill a pot with water, jackfruit, and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil and let it cook until fork tender. Once the jackfruit is fork tender, drain the water, and shred the jackfruit. Put the jackfruit into a bag or shallow bowl and add in the soy sauce, chipotle powder, and cumin. Let that sit until it’s time to use it.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips. In a bowl mix the vegetables with olive oil and then toss it into a heated pan. Cook the vegetables until they are softened and then mix in the fajita mix. Add in the jackfruit mix until it is all one. (You would salt the mix at this time if you’d like.)
- Once your fajita mix is all done, you can put it in a hot skillet, put a little bit of water in the skillet to create that sizzle and steam and serve it with your choice of low protein tortillas and any topping you prefer!
NOTE: I count free foods so make sure to plug in your foods for accurate nutrition values.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *