Cassava Leek Soup
- 5 Tsp. Organic Vegetable Bouillon
- 5 Cups Water
- 424g Cassava (Yuca root)
- 58g Leeks
- 1 Tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Bay leaves
- Peel your Cassava and then cut it up into pieces. Wash your leeks and then chop it. Make sure to use the root of the leek. Once you get to the green leaves you can use some of it but you would want to stop chopping there.
- In a pot pour in your olive oil and heat up your leeks and garlic. Once your leeks are soft toss in your cassava root. Let it sit for a little and then pour in the water, mix in the bouillon, and add the bay leaves, Bring the soup to a boil and then lower it and let it simmer for about an hour or until the cassava root is soft.
- Once your cassava root is soft, turn off the heat and pour your soup into a blender, make sure you take out the bay leaves. Blend your soup until it is smooth and either heat up in a pot again or serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *