Hot Chocolate Bombs
Ok, so we have most likely all seen these hot chocolate bombs circling around the internet. Now, chocolate is higher in protein and makes it a little tough for me to have these things. I’ve been on a journey to find awesome low protein chocolates and I think I found one but I’m still testing that one out for future recipes. For this recipe I used Cambrooke Therapudics, Chocolate Cha Cha’s and it went great!
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Monkfruit Sweetner
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Cha Cha’s
- .5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 8 g Peppermint mini marshmallows (Trader Joe’s-Vegan)
- Start off by unwrapping your chocolate and putting them into a pot. Add the coconut oil and whisk. Make sure you don’t over melt the chocolate or else it will make this process much longer. (If you do accidentally over melt the chocolate, don’t worry, all you need to do is pour the chocolate in the mold, cool it, and repeat this a couple times until you finally get your mold covered in chocolate.)
- In your mold you want to pour the chocolate and get all the sides. You can use a spoon to help you get all the empty spots. Throw your chocolate into the refrigerator for 5-7 minutes and take it out. If you see any spots that might need more chocolate just touch it up and throw it back in to chill.
- In a bowl mix together the cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Once your chocolate molds are to your liking, take them out carefully. Have a heated pan (make sure the stove is off) and take your chocolate domes and place the bottom on the pan. This is just to make sure it is evened out and looks good.
- Add your hot cocoa mix and marshmallows to 3 of the molds (there should be 6 molds total). Then for the other 3 heat it on the pan like in step 4 and then attach it to the half with the cocoa mix. If there are any gaps you can use a heated spoon to fix up the edges or add more chocolate. Decorate it as desired and throw one into your alternative milk of choice! I use Almond Breeze in vanilla.