Every year my mom makes this cranberry jello for Thanksgiving and it used to be a favorite when I was younger. As I’ve grown up I’ve tried to find more vegan options. So, last year I tried to make it…and failed. This year I really started to research and experiment with agar agar. Fast forward a couple days and I nailed it on my first try, this year. I know it sounds weird to have sour cream in a jello but trust me, anyone who has ever tried this has ended up loving it.
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Foragers Sour Cream
- 1 Can Jellied Cranberry/Sauce
- 2 squirts of Cherry Kool-Aid liquid
- 4 Tsp Agar Agar
- Start off by boiling the two cups of water, add in the Kool-Aid, agar agar, and stir. Once it stars to boil I take my emersion blender and blend the liquid. (I usually buy the agar flakes… so, I find that when I use the emersion blender, to blend it in the pot, the flakes get blended completely.)
- Add in the jellied cranberry, sour cream, and mix it with a whisk. Once it’s all blended pour it into your mould and let it cool for an hour to an hour and a half.