- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 288 g Vine Tomatoes or a can of diced tomatoes
- 150 g Okra
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 cups Water
- Start off by cleaning and cutting up your okra.
- In a pan, add your EVOO, garlic, and okra. Let the okra cook until fork tender. Make sure to toss it a bit so you don’t get burnt bits.
- While the okra cooks, cut up your tomatoes. Make sure the pieces are small so when it cooks it’s easier for it to turn into a sauce. Once the tomatoes are cut up, toss them into the pan. You want the tomatoes to soften. Once they soften you can go in with your utensil and mash the big tomato pieces. (If you are using a can of tomatoes then you don’t need to worry about this. Just pour the can in and let it cook.)
- Add water, salt, and pepper to taste. Let the stew come to a boil.
- Once the stew is boiling lower the temperature and let it sit for 15-20 minutes then serve with rice, bread, or eat it alone!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *